Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Would You Like to NOT Shave EVER Again?!

Laser Hair Removal
Silky, Smooth Forever



Want hairless underarms and legs like these?!?  Laser Hair Removal is your answer!  I get asked all the time about my experience with laser hair removal so I figured I would just share with everyone at once!  I had always wanted to get the treatment done but was always so nervous.  I used to get razor burn, ingrown hairs and would cut myself all the time when I shaved.  Once I started in the salon world and trusted someone to wax me I began getting waxed.  Then I started waxing myself because it was easier to do it on my own time and not hassle someone else.  The problem with waxing is, you have to let your hair grow out to a certain length before you can even get waxed.  So yes in the dead of summer you could have 1in. long under arm hair!  I thought, there must be another solution.  I heard a commercial on the radio for laser hair removal and decided what the heck I might as well look into it.  I did my research and had a few consultations with places that did laser hair removal.  I finally decided I was ready to take the leap and just do it!  I choose to go to Loving Laser for many reasons: laser hair removal is all they do, a doctor is always on stand by in case something would to happen, licensed nurses are doing the treatments and after my consult I felt very comfortable with the situation.  Loving Laser offers many different specials throughout the year,  that's when I got on board!  The buy one area get two areas free sold me!  I decided to have my bikini, under arms and inner thigh done at first.  So I went to my first treatment and decided it wasn't bad at all and totally worth it.  They were still having the special so I bought another package and decided to also have my full legs, and face done as well (so no chin hairs when I'm older for me!).  I am basically having my whole body done, which is amazing!  I love the girls who work at Loving Laser and have really bonded with one of them that normally does my treatments.  Most places offer free consultations, so if your thinking of doing it call and make an appointment!  Here are some of the questions I normally get asked.

What is Laser Hair Removal?  It is a pulsating beam of light that shines thru your skin to a individual hair follicle and kills it.  It gets rid of any unwanted hair.

Do you have to let your hair grow out?  Nope! They want you to be freshly shaven so that the light can pick up the hair follicle bulb and kill it.  Towards the end of your treatments they may ask you to not shave so they can see if there are any areas that they need to focus on more then the others.

Can you tan?  Nope! Your not suppose to have any color to your skin or the laser will burn you.  Your not even allowed to use self tanners because they sit on the skin and trick the laser thinking you have dark pigment.  So the laser works better on light skin and dark coarse hair.  

How long does it take until your hair free?  Each person has different skin tones and hair color and texture so it will be different for everyone.  They normally say you need 8-10 treatments at the minimum.  I am on my 12th visit I believe.

How often do you go?  At first you start out going every 4-6 weeks then they move it to 6-8 weeks, 9-10 weeks and 13 weeks.  Your body hair grows on cycles and they have to catch the hair on the different cycle to assure they kill all of the unwanted hair.  

Does it hurt?  I wont say it doesn't hurt but I do think my tattoo hurt worse!  It almost feels like a rubber band smacking your skin over and over again.  I just keep telling myself that this is forever so I can suffer thru a little bit of pain!  They do offer numbing cream that you apply before a treatment.  I have opted not to use this because your suppose to get better, faster results without it.  So I don't know much about the numbing cream.  

What do you do during a treatment?  Depending on what area you are doing, it has to be visual.  Which means you may be half way naked thru some of a service.  They have robes you can wear and try to keep you as covered up as they can.  It's all women at my place so I feel very comfortable with them.  Just think how many other people they see on a day to day basis.  You lay on a table and have goggles on to protect your eyes.  They can give you stress balls to squeeze during the treatment if needed. I normally suck on candy and distract myself with talking to the nurses the whole time.

What if it comes back?  Loving Laser offers a life time guarantee.  So therefore once my treatments are finished and if in a few years I have a dormant hair that appears I can go back and have it lasered.  

Is it expensive?  I'm not going to lie it is a little expensive but think about what your getting done, its forever!  Never having to buy shaving cream, razors or waxing again.  All that time you wont have to spend in the shower shaving over and over again.  They offer payment plans thru Care Credit.  I'm sure every place is different so do your research before you commit to anything. 

What does the laser look like?  This was the best picture I could find of what the lasers they use on me looks like.       


I can't think of any more questions off the top of my head, but feel free to email me if you have any! SLBHAIR3323@hotmail.com

       

No comments:

Post a Comment