Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Healing Ointment

Aquaphor
It Soothes, Protects, & Heals

Aquaphor is my go to ointment for chapped lips.  A few years ago I kept having severe chapped lips and it wouldn't go away and nothing made it better.  It was to the point where the corners of my mouth were cracking and we all know how that feels! So I broke down and went to my Dermatologist.  She gave me a prescription for at night and recommended I use Aquaphor during the day.  I thought, well I had never heard of it but was willing to try anything at this point.  I went straight to Target and bought a tube and used it right away.  I felt instant relief and was in love from that moment.  I have told many of my friends about Aquaphor and you will never see me without a tube in my purse.  Now Aquaphor has smaller tubes that are easier to fit into your purse.  It's made by Eucerin and can be found at most stores.  Target, Kroger, Walgreens, and any major drugstore.  They also have it in the baby aisle for diaper rash and chapped skin for babies and children.  I have also heard athletes using it for preventing chafing, blisters, windburned skin, and saddle sores. 

What Aquaphors website says:
Aquaphor Healing Ointment protects dry, cracked or irritated skin to help enhance the natural healing process and restore smooth, healthy skin.
  • Clinically proven to reduce healing time
  • Creates a protective barrier that seals in moisture
  • Helps heal raw, irritated skin caused by radiation treatments, facial resurfacing procedures and Atopic Dermatitis
  • Soothes and helps protect extremely dry, chapped or chafed skin and lips caused by winter weather or diabetes
  • Soothes and protects minor burns
  • Fragrance-free, preservative-free, non-irritating
Eucerin Promise: High quality ingredients and clinically-proven formulas that help keep your skin healthy. Eucerin skin care is safe for sensitive skin and so effective that it's been trusted by dermatologists for years.

*I also just read on the website that they have just come out with a Lip Repair that is made especially for chapped lips!  I cant wait to go buy a tube!

1 comment:

  1. We use aquaphor all the time at our house!! The best stuff ever! I recommend it to everyone. Hope your doing well love your blog so cute:)

    ReplyDelete