Sunday, May 15, 2011

Summer Nails

Summer Nails!
Brights, Brights, Brights

So It has been way to long since I have blogged!  Oaks and Derby consumed my life for about two weeks!  Although while I was preparing my outfit for Oaks nail polish came to mind.  For any big event my nails are almost always a accessory.  So as I asked myself "What color will I paint my nails today"?  I thought what a great post!  My own nails have trouble keeping polish on them.  I think with the help of my nail expertise friend Renee, I have finally found a solution to help!  So I thought I would share the steps I go thru when polishing my nails and a few of my favorite nail colors for summer!  

Step 1: Cleaning up your nails.  Trimming your cuticles, Filing and buffing the edges to make sure there is a good surface for the polish to stick to.  

Step 2: I like to wipe them clean with nail polish remover after I file and before I polish to make sure there is no dust or anything to cause my polish to be bumpy.

Step 3: I then apply OPI Chip Skip lacquer.  It basically takes all the oils out of your nails and does what it says... Skips the Chipping. 


Step 4: Then I apply Creative's Stickey Base Coat.  It helps hold the polish to the nail.


Step 5: Once the base coat has dried I apply two coats of whatever color polish.  I really like the brands OPI and Essie.

Step 6: Once the polish has dried a little bit I will then apply Essie's Top Coat Good to Go. It seals the polish on the nail and creates a great shine.  


Step 7: I'm not the best polisher so I almost always have polish on the outside of my nails.  A friend once taught me to paint a little of your top coat over the mistake and take a orange wood stick to clean it right off!  Works every time!  Also a q tip with polish remover does the job well!

Here are a few of my favorite colors for summer by OPI:

1. Cajun Shrimp

2. Koala Bear-Y

3. Ate Berries In The Canaries

4. My Chihuahua Bites!

5. Charged Up Cherry







1 comment:

  1. i looove cajun shrimp, been a favorite summer go to for years!

    great blog,
    Annina
    www.cinchedatthewaist.com

    ReplyDelete