Thursday, March 24, 2011

Mascara: My New Favorite

I have tried so many different mascaras through the years.  Lately I had been using Lancome and always had liked it.  I have longer lashes that tend to stick straight out if they are not curled with a eye lash curler before and after mascara is applied.  I started to get little black flakes under my eye that sat on my cheek bone.  It started out to be just every now and then but then turned into a everyday thing.  It's sad when your boyfriend is constantly wiping the black stuff off your face everyday!  So I knew I had to find a new mascara asap.  So I asked my friend the make up queen Hope (makeuphope.blogspot.com) what her advice was.  She told me that my mascara was probably getting to hard and making my lashes to brittle once it was dried.  She recommended I try Cliniques Lash Doubling Mascara that she has loved for years.  So I gave it a try and absolutely love it! 

 Lash Doubling Mascara

It Comes in Black, or Black/Brown. 
I love the tapered brush, it lets you get every inch of lash covered at one time.  The mascara magnifies each lash to make them look half their size and leaves them full of volume.  Once my lashes are dry i can still go back and curl them without it leaving black residue on my cheeks.  The formula dries but leaves your lashes feeling soft and touchable.  Lash Doubling is also alot cheaper then what I was paying and can be found at most department stores where Clinique is sold.  The price is normally around $14.50.




Bottom Lash Mascara

While I was at VonMour purchasing my Lash Doubling Mascara, the lady at the counter informed me of the new Bottom Lash Mascara that Clinique had just launched.  So i purchased it as well.  It's a smaller tube and has a tiny brush to let you reach those bottom lashes.  The formula is also a smear resistant to help with any smudges you may get.  The tube still comes with the 90 day supply that Clinique stands behind for all of their mascaras.  It's normally $10 and can be purchased where all other Clinique mascaras are found.  I didn't think having a separate mascara for my bottom lashes would make a difference, but it truly does.  It helps to open up my eyes alot more.  I recommend both of these products to anyone!   



 

No comments:

Post a Comment